Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Terrible Case of the Junkies

You ever wake up on the wrong side of the bed? My grandma used to tell me to go to bed and get up on the other side. Yesterday, that’s how I felt. I had a terrible case of the junkies.

Now, for those of you who don’t know, the junkies refer to just an overwhelming feeling of BLAH. There is no real reason for them, and every now and then we have the misfortune to contract them and hold on to them for a day or two. It hasn’t happened in a while, so I guess I was overdue.

Poor Traci. She had to bear the brunt of all my frustration. I just completely unloaded on her, and I thank her for not getting upset with me!

Thankfully, I think I found the cure. I had some good alone time, talked to some people who are close, and had a good days work today.

I don’t know what your junkie cure is…it’s different for everyone. I hope, though, that I am through for a while because a terrible case of the junkies is never something fun!

~Rebekah

3 comments:

  1. Well, Rebekah, the junkies must be in the air...'cause I had a case of them on Sunday! I solved mine with alone time, too, at the lake in Cleveland...followed by a trip to the Mall and an ice cream cone. YIKES! But...it must have worked, because they're gone. Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Hugs are a good prescription for junkie removal, too! Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks for dealing with my junkies too rebekah! ohhhh junkies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rebekah,

    Well, being of the “hippie” generation, Woodstock and all, I call my “junkies/blahs” a Purple Funk….and for me there are a number of cures or at least treatments….definitely alone time, preferably in nature, the animals, mostly Deer just look and mind their business…have you noticed that they seem smarter than their 2 legged relatives…..sometimes if I can enlist the aid of a willing parent/friend to lend me their child, a little play time with critters with whom I can get “legitimately” silly works and of course in any case there is usually ice cream involved…… Barb Kupchak

    ReplyDelete