Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The View from New York















Hey all,
Today, as I was spending the morning relaxing and enjoying my vacation back home in New York a really wonderful snow started to fall. Unlike Rebekah-who came home to 2 1/2 feet of snow, this was my first time seeing snow this year in NY. I had my journal with me and this is what came out:


Warm Inside

A little hound nestles up on her pillow,
While full grey clouds pass over the blue sky.

I peak through the blinds
Admiring the fertile winter sky—
My breath appearing on the glass.

Millions of tiny white miracles begin to dance down to earth.
A cold blanket forms on the country road,
Yet it seems to mystically create more warmth in my heart.

My little hound gently paws at the back door;
She wants to romp around in the white miracle.

I am warm inside.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely poem...cute dog...he/she seems to be saying.."how do I get myself into these things?" Barbk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back to Chicago, and the snow there is making me warm inside too. Thanks for sharing the joy of snow and pups. Celeste

    ReplyDelete