Thursday, December 10, 2009

We're still alive!

Hey ya'll!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are all still alive and going strong! Our days have been pretty full, and we have a pretty packed weekend ahead. Helen Prejean is taking us to Grand Isle for the weekend! I am sure the trip will be a blast, Helen is always fun to be around. :)

In some recent news, one of our community members decided to leave the program. Although the timing may have been a little off, we wish Rian the best of luck in all her future endeavors. The months she has spent in the SJW house have had a great impact on my personal growth, and I wish her all the best.

Since I haven't written in over a month, I suppose I should let you know we raised about $150 dollars for UNICEF. Thanks everyone for your generous contributions. :)

We all got a chance to have a nice little break for Thanksgiving. I went home for about 6 days, and it was wonderful to see my family and friends. I had a great time, but there was a little part of me that missed the liveliness of the city. There also were a couple times I had to give Traci a call or text Becky some inside joke we had.

We are going home again in a little while. Becky and Traci leave on the 18th, and I am leaving for home on the 20th. Christmas is my favorite holiday, and my friend Maria has a terrific cocktail party every New Year's that has been in my date book since last year! haha.

Last weekend we had the nice surprise of snow! It was remarkable how chatty everyone was about the snow, and most people could recall the last snowfall. The snow didn't stick, but it sure had everyone all stirred up. We were in Baton Rouge listening to the wonderful Joyce Rupp talk about opening our doors to God. The experience was an incredible one, and I am greatful for the opportunity to participate in the retreat. She has great advice, and I really enjoyed her presence.

Thanks for all the support! Sorry it has been so long! Happy Holidays!


~Rebekah

1 comment:

  1. Hey, glad to hear you're all alive and well and enjoying the city....I check the blog frequently, mostly for the puppy picture (Ha Ha, just kidding).....all of us in the college teaching business are busy trying to get grades in....fortunately, no sad stories on my list....so all will have a good holiday. Hope you all do the same, that New Year's party sounds great.....
    Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez (Let the good times roll) but be safe. Catch you in 2010.
    Barb Kupchak

    ReplyDelete