Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Useful Web Browsing; Wired Discipleship

Alright, close your other Safari window, I know Facebook is open in it, and you too are wondering why!? Its only 9am and your status has changed 3 times?! I know, I have already changed mine 4 times, and contemplated joining mafia wars.

Sound familiar?

We are all SO guilty of using our free computer time on quasi-empty(yet fun/informative) things such as Facebook and AOL Instant Messenger.

I have a solution. Start browsing with purpose. Be clear on what you are searching for--know that this is hard and takes time. The internet has so much powerful information on it, hone your search!

To get you started, I have for you an awesome 15 minute youtube video about "Validation (re. modern day discipleship). Additionally, check out the other link, "The 8 Irresistible principals".

We live in a wired world. Might as well wire in effectively and set your browser to "spiritual nourishment!"

Love you all!
Traci

ps: If you like this concept check out stumbleupon.com This is a great site to have a custom search bar ready for you, whenever your little heart desires some computer face time.


1 comment:

  1. Traci and Ladies,
    Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Both sites are full of wisdom. I especially liked the, "The 8 Irresistible principals" site, for lots of good reasons, but mostly because the creator of the site agrees with me. My bible starts out with “in the beginning God created fun” and I take it from there. Thanks for sharing these. Below are a couple of websites that list holidays and celebration days so that you can continue your quest for fun, wisdom and spiritual nourishment. I had a website that clocks how much time a person spends on the net and then tells the individual to get off and get some work done, but can't find it…LOL....I think there’s a message in there.

    http://library.thinkquest.org/2886/

    http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/index.htm

    To start you off - October 30 is National Candy Corn Day

    October 31 is National Magic Day and Increase Your Pyschic Powers Day

    Oh Yeah! BOOOOOO! And Happy Halloween.

    Sr.barbk

    ReplyDelete